The Bond War is Well Underway

The question is: who is right? Those that want it all to collapse, or those who want to try to grab on and stop it?
Bloomberg.com: Exclusive: "Foreign investors sold $170 billion of agency debt and securities in the second half of 2008, the largest amount since the Treasury began tracking sales in 1977, according to the most recent data. Asians, the biggest non-U.S. block of owners in the category, unloaded $70 billion worth from July through December, after scooping up $55 billion in the second quarter and being net buyers during much of the last decade."

I certainly wish I knew the answer. Something in my gut says we need to do something. Something tells me we can't.
The rest of me says focus on what you can handle and handle it. That is how we make it through.

Comments

Popular Posts